Melissa Marcantel, who is hailed as the “The Queen of Nutrition”, has come up with 12 simple steps for healthy lifestyle.
A global wellness coach who is an expert on crushing toxic body fat, she says, “I teach people how to live a healthy lifestyle instead of dieting. Our bodies are unique. One system does not work for everyone.”
According to her, “Yo-Yo Diets don’t work. Healthy lifestyles do.” “Good health isn’t just about healthy eating and exercise. It’s also about having a positive attitude, a positive self-image, and a healthy lifestyle,” sys Marcantel, author of “Melissa’s Inspiration: Living a Life Full of Health and Happiness!”
She has built one of the largest health organizations which has helped more than 40,000 people around the world and has over 73,000 members in just one of her Facebook community coaching groups. Her community includes doctors, dietitians, nutritionists, medical professionals and tens of thousands of average people who are on the journey to better health.
And, here are her 12 steps
* Avoid trigger foods that promote binging.
* Supplement your diet. Our foods are nutrient deficient. Even when we eat healthily, there is a lack of certain vitamins/minerals because of many man-made processes have permanently altered our food supply chain.
* Stop eating when you feel full. Listen to your gut and learn when it’s time to stop.
* Eat smaller meals. Choose several small meals throughout the day over huge meals as it evens out your energy distribution.
* Cut out processed foods and alcohol. Both create an enormous amount of inflammation.
* Make your plate the color of the rainbow. Eat fruits. Fruits have a load of vitamins and minerals the body requires to operate efficiently. Eat vegetables. Vegetables are the source of many nutrients and minerals the body needs to work efficiently.
* Health is not about the weight you lose, but the life you gain.
* Movement is life. Be physically active every day. Your body isn’t made to sit around.
* Self-love is a crucial part of living your best life.
* Live a life of purpose and optimal health.
* Surround yourself with healthy people. You’re the average of the five people you spend the most time with.
* Get enough sleep. When you don’t rest well, you compensate by eating more.
Marcantel says that she truly believe that greatness lies within all of us, and sometimes we require that one person to show us how to find it. We only get one life to live. Let’s make it the most memorable one ever, she says.
(With inputs from The OnLook News Research Bureau)