Hosur wing of Communist Party of India (Marxist) will protest against Hosur Corporation on various issues including raise in drinking water charges.
The CPI (M) Hosur wing cadres will resort to demonstration infront of Hosur Corporation on December 29.
The demands of the protest includes :-
- Cancel the three times raise of drinking water charges from Rs 480 to Rs 1,500.
- Although Hosur has been upgraded as Corporation from Municipality, the civic facilities are lagging. There are lot of garbage dens and infrastructure woes. Hence, the administration should rectify all shortfalls and provide facilities on par with the corporation status.
- Appoint adequate workforce to effectively take forward Corporation works.
- The works on drainage, streetlights, road and bridge in human habitants should be completed on war footing.
- Community centre in Mathigiri was inaugurated by Chief Minister Mr M K Stalin during the erstwhile DMK government. But this community centre has become as a garbage den. The corporation administration should clean it and bring it to the public usage.
The protest will be led by CPI (M) Hosur Town Secretary Mr C P Jayaraman, The welcome address will be delivered by State Executive Committee member Mr G Anandan while the key note address will be made by Krishnagiri District Secretary Mr R Sekar.